Sunday, November 2, 2008

What to do...

It rained most of the weekend which meant that we had to entertain Catie. Colin has been studying all weekend for a green construction exam (I don't know all of the details...ask him). Good luck Colin! Anyways, on Friday night we did surprise trick or treating. We stopped by Lizzie and Jay's new place in Marin and in the city we went to Colin's parents (B and Pop) and the Nicolai's. Everyone loved the little pumpkin trick or treater and everyone was surprised!


On Saturday it rained all day long. Let me tell you that entertaining a 3 month old is very tiring (all of the moms reading this are now saying "duh"). We read books, walked around and around the house, went in the swing, played on the play mat, bounced in the bouncy seat and did whatever else I could think of to do indoors. Catie loves her play mat and in the past few days she has started to reach up for the toys that are hanging above her head. As my dad (her Bampa) would say,"You go girl"!


Here is a picture of Catie playing on her activity mat





Catie has been sleeping from 10 pm to 7:30 am which has amazed me (I know that I am lucky). I wasn't sure what would happen with the time change this morning but she did really well. She got up at 5:45 am and I gave her a bottle, we played for a little bit and then we both napped. Once everyone was up we went and got coffee/ jamba juice and then went on a very long walk outside. It was wonderful getting out and Catie loved it!



As for a misc. thought. Everyone knows that Christmas is my favorite time of year. I just love it! Well, I saw my first Christmas commercial today and proceed to sing Christmas carols to Colin. It took him about 1 second to say, "Enough Kimberly. It isn't even Thanksgiving". I know Colin...but it is close!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Shut up with your baby that sleeps through the night!!! ;-) Just wait until teething starts. Enjoy this while you can! And I have to agree with Colin - no Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving!