Monday, November 10, 2008

Catie's trip to the East Bay

On Friday Catie and I had a big outing to the East Bay. In the morning we stopped by my cousin Jenny and Kelly's house for coffee. Her daughter Ella gave Catie her bottle and held her the whole time. It was every little girls dream...a real baby doll.


After we left the Beardlee's I took Catie to get her hand and footprint done. Colin and I tried to take Catie to Color me Mine to get her hand prints and footprints but it was a royal disaster. We would paint her hands and then she would clench her fists and once we pried them open there was no paint left on them. We ended up leaving Color me Mine with a screaming baby covered in pink paint. I was determined to get her hand prints and footprints done so I could show her someday how little she was. I told my cousin Kirstin about the episode and she suggested a women in Lafayette that did her girls prints. I took Catie to Paw Prints and Susan was able to get an excellent hand and footprint of Catie. It will be ready in a few weeks and I can't wait to hang it up in her room. Here is a picture of the unfinished product.


After we left Paw Prints I met my friend Bella and her 8 week old son Tres for lunch in downtown Lafayette. It was great to catch up and see Tres. We are planning another outing for the kids to get together soon.

After we got back home Catie and I both quickly changed and then headed into the city to meet Colin's parents and his sister Erin for dinner. Erin is the Athletic Director at Seattle Pacific University and she flew in because SPU was playing both Cal and Stanford in basketball. We had a great Mexican dinner and Catie and I both fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow.

No comments: