Friday, November 21, 2008

A wonderful weekend

I am sorry that it has been awhile since we have posted anything. Last week was crazy around the O'Connell house. I left Catie overnight for the first time and I did it TWICE in 3 days. On Thursday I left Catie with Colin after he came home from work and I headed up to Napa to celebrate Jackie's 30th birthday. We drank wine, sat in the hot tub surrounded by vineyards, and celebrated Jackie. She has had a tough year and we all love her to pieces. I only called home a few times but Colin said that Catie was perfect (duh).


On Friday night we went to Colin's high school football game and SI won...congrats. Catie was great and loved watching the game. On Saturday morning we dropped Catie off at the O'Connell's since we were headed to the SC vs. Stanford Football Game. We unloaded Catie's gear, went over all of her things, kissed her goodbye, and headed out. My heart broke a little as we left only because this was the second time in 3 days that I was leaving her. The one thing that gave me comfort was that she was in great hands with her B and Pop. Thank you so much for taking her for the night.


We got to the game and tailgated for awhile. Lesley, Lissa, Adam and his brother meet us. At 3:45 we went to the game in Stanford's beautiful stadium. The stadium was really nice and we had a great view (thanks for the tickets Mr. O'Connell). We left at half time when it was 17-17. Let me tell you...we ran to the car to listen to the radio. For awhile we were a little scared but in usual SC style, we pulled ahead in the 3rd and got the "W". We drove to the city, quickly showered at my sister's place and then headed downtown to the Bubble Lounge for Jackie's 30th birthday. The party was fantastic and it was great to see all of our LA friends and it was wonderful to toast Jackie turning 30. Welcome to the club Jackie. Happy birthday!





We stayed at Susie's place on Saturday night (thank you soooo much) and on Sunday morning Colin woke up and picked Catie up. He went without me so I could get a little more sleep and also chat with Susie...we had to summarize the night! After Catie and Colin got back we got dressed and meet Lesley, her boyfriend, and Lissa for lunch at the Yatch Club (yes, we are so fancy). It was a wonderful lunch and the company was fantastic, the was food delicious, the view stunning and the wine was perfect. Thank you so much Marty and Kirk Elliott for taking us to lunch. After lunch we walked to the Water Organ (Susie and I had never been) and then we went to the park and met Marni, Franny and Katie. It was a beautiful day in the city and we loved spending it with great friends.


Overall, it was a perfect weekend. A big thank you to everyone that made it happen. We love you!

No comments: