Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pre-school applications vs. College Applications...which are worse?

Answer: pre-school applications.

Holy cow. The rumors about getting your child into the good pre-schools are true!! I have called several pre-schools to request applications for Catie. The first question they ask when I call is, "Is the baby born yet". Are you kidding me? My response is, "She is 5 months old, is it too late to put her on the waiting list?" How in the world do you enroll someone that hasn't been born yet? One of the questions on the multiple page application is what is the baby birth's date. Are you suppose to put TBD?

For the past two weeks I have been filling out applications and mailing deposit checks (we are not eating this month so Catie can attend pre-school in 3 years!!!!!). She is officially on the waiting list for three pre-schools in Marin and 1 in San Francisco (she was enrolled there a week after she was born). The pre-school in San Francisco is where Colin and all his friends went. Colin was a legend there, or so he says.

So Miss Catie, you are on the waiting lists. Now all I have to do is stress out that the unborn baby is ahead of you on the list! Oh well, finger painting here you come!

2 comments:

Windy City Kelley's said...

You've got to be kidding me? That's crazy!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
Review my web site - electronic cigarette wholesale