Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Catie's First Trip to the Zoo

On Sunday we decided that we wanted to doing something different and fun for Catie so we decided to go to the San Francisco Zoo. I have never been to the zoo (and have wanted to go for a long time) and Colin has not been since he was a little boy. It was a chilly day so we all dressed warmly and headed out.

Catie loved it so much that she didn't even want to take her usual afternoon nap. It was fun to hear all of Colin's stories about the zoo and where the animals were before it was remodeled (yes, he is old). He remembered an area where you could feed the animals and was adamant that we went there.
We finally made it to the petting zoo in the kids area and there were tons of goats and sheep that you could feed. Colin put $.25 in the food machine and then the minute he tried to feed one he freaked out. They would come close and he would walk quickly in the other direction. He turned to me and said, "Now I remember that this use to freak me out as a kid". After I stopped laughing so hard that I was crying, I took Catie inside to show her the lambs. We wanted to show her the real Lilly (the blanket that she sleeps with...see older post). We stopped by the cafe to warm up, saw the monkeys and then headed back to the car. Once we got home I had to get ready for our big adventure the next day....my first day back at work! The newest lion pup

No comments: