Monday, October 27, 2008

Nap time

Tomorrow is Catie's 3 month birthday and I am trying to get her use to her crib. As soon as she turns 4 months and starts to eat rice cereal she will begin sleeping in her own room. To help with the transition I have started to put Catie down for actual naps in her crib. Sure, every once in awhile she still falls asleep in her swing, her bouncy seat, or my arms, but she is now starting to nap twice a day in her crib. My mom and dad gave Colin and me a baby monitor that has a camera and comes will a small flat screen monitor (can you tell that Colin picked it out). Once I put Catie down for her nap I turn on the monitor and proceed to stare at it. Normally when she sleeps in her swing or on the couch I take this time to get my stuff done. Now that she is napping upstairs I don't get anything done because all I do is stare at the monitor to make sure that she is ok. I wonder if by the time she goes to college I will have stopped watching her sleep?


No comments: