Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catie has a new ride

Thanks to B and Pop (aka Colin parents) Catie has a new ride...thank you, thank you, thank you!She has officially become a runner thanks to the new Bob stroller. Last month I signed up for baby boot camp. Before I became pregnant I use to do a boot camp 3 times a week from 6:30 to 7:30 am. Once I got pregnant I stopped, and I never thought that I would have said this, but I missed it. I was nice to work out along the water staring at the Golden Gate bridge. It was also great to get your workout done in the beginning of the day and chat with people as you did it.

After my 6 week appointment with Dr. Green (thanks for delivering Catie Dr. Green) I was given the go ahead to start working out again. I found a boot camp that caters to moms and their kids, commonly referred to as baby boot camp. A bunch of mom with their kids in strollers work out along the water. It was perfect. It is the exact same thing (in the same location) as I did in my old boot camp (minus the stopping to feed Catie, put her pacifier back in, give her Lilly, or change her diaper).
Well, for the last month when we would get to the running portion of class I would have to leave Catie with the instructor because she shook too much in her stroller (thanks to the gravel/ dirt path). Catie would be ok for the first 30 minutes and then she would start to cry halfway through the class because she was tired of sitting in her seat and not moving. Well, both Colin and his dad (Pop) are big runners so we decided that we should get a running stroller. Thanks to Pop and B we have one and let me tell you folks, Catie loves it!

Today's class consisted of mostly running so she was able to come along with me. The first part of class she was making "cooing noises" and the second half of the class she slept. She didn't cry once!! She loved her new stroller and loved running with her mom. Here are a few pictures of her.

Well, I am now off to have some drinks with the moms that live in our neighborhood....so much for all of the running today :) Have a good night everyone.

No comments: