Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tahoe Take Two!

Last weekend Colin, Catie, Susie and I headed up to Tahoe with a bunch of our friends (Marni, Katie, Lesley, Jackie, and Scott). We had a great time and Catie was a real trooper. She was super adorable and very active. She went to bed at 7, never woke up once, and started tickling my arm (her new way of waking me up when her pack and play is next to me) and 6:30. She's officially done Tahoe with the group (she has accomplished so much this year).

We arrived on Friday afternoon and went to SunnySide for drinks/ lunch. There couldn't be a a better place to be. The weather was warm, the lake was gorgeous, the company was hilarious, and the food was yummy. A perfect way to start the weekend.

Ok, so sometimes parents do things to their kids just because they know that it will be funny. An example, my first boy girl party when I was 13 was a pool party. When your 13 and just arriving at a party you start with girls hanging out with girls and boys hanging out with boys. This is how my party began. Typical. What wasn't typically was my mom saying "Kim, you might want to get that bug out of the pool before you get in". Well, I leaned over to get it and she pushed me in. Yes, she pushed her own daughter in the pool at her first boy/girl party. There went my florescent shorts, matching hyper-color shirt, and pink scrunchie. Everyone laughed and of course I yelled "Mom"!!! She did it for two reasons. One it was funny and two it got the party started. Thanks for that mom.

Well, long story short here is a video of me doing something to Catie only because I knew that it would be funny. Ok, so maybe I have done it a couple of times but her reaction is always great. Enjoy!

So a great weekend was had by all. Singing, eating, drinking, rafting, and laughing. Until next year....

1 comment:

Lesley Elliott said...

Love this post, and love the video of Catie with the lime. I was telling that story to my Mom the other day - and it was great to show her as well. Love you all!