Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Little Traveler

Where has the summer gone? I can't believe that we are mid-way through August. The past couple of weeks Catie have consisted of parties, wedding, and traveling. After Catie's first birthday we headed to Lake Tahoe for a couple of days.



Colin grew up spending two weeks in Lake Tahoe with his family.He has so many memories of his summers there and it was fun for Catie to be there creating memories with her daddy. The O'Connell's rented a place in Chamberlands for two weeks and Erin and her boyfriend Ken also flew down. We arrived late Wednesday night and Catie slept the whole way. We spent the
week and weekend enjoying the lake and pool at Chambers, the guys rode their bikes in the am while we walked, we had great meals, jet skied in the Lake, and laughed...a lot. Thank you so much O'Connell's for a wonderful time. We are already looking forward to next year!


We got back from Tahoe on late Sunday night and on Thursday morning Catie and I flew to Pasadena for the weekend.



My friend Christi from college was getting married in Orange County so Catie and I decided to come home a little early to spend time with the folks. On Thursday night my grandmother "Little Nonnie' came over for dinner. She couldn't believe how much Catie had changed in just a couple of months. Catie sat next to her as she had her bottle (my mom took pictures so I will post them when I get them) and Catie showed Little Nonnie how she can walk around holding onto the furniture. It is always so special for me to see Little Nonnie and Catie together.





Now that Catie is 1 she can have real milk and eggs so on Friday morning she ate her first scrambled egg (which my dad is famous for...at least in our house he is). She loved them!



Colin came down that afternoon and we headed to Annandale for the summer bbq (his favorite).
On Saturday Colin and I headed to Orange County while my parents took care of Catie. They took her in the pool, ran errands around town, and even took her to one of their friends parties. As usual she was the hit of Pasadena. Meanwhile Colin and I hung out in Newport with our friends Lesley, Lissa, Dana and CJ. We had some drinks, sat in the sun, and got ready for the wedding that night. It was a beautiful wedding and Christi looked gorgeous. Congrats Christi and Scott!

On Sunday morning we headed back to Pasadena and my mom and I took Catie to Huntington Gardens. It was beautiful day but was very hot. It was great because they have a new children's garden which has several water areas. Catie loved the fountains. She would splash her self and then crawl over to the next one and splash herself again. She had a great time and I am so glad that we brought a change of clothes for her. She was soaked!


















After a wonderful Sunday we headed back to Nor Cal. It was a great weekend filled with family and friends. This weekend we are headed back up to Lake Tahoe with our friends and Catie!! We are looking forward to another great weekend and I promise to get some videos of Catie. XOXO

1 comment:

Lesley Elliott said...

My mom doesn't know how to leave comments, but we both read this together. AND love you all!