Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friends and birthday celebrations

I am sorry that it has been awhile since I have posted anything. I have been really behind in everything but I am going to try and catch up. May is always a busy month. It consists of Mother's Day, my birthday, my sister's birthday. So many celebrations...so little time.

On May 8th I spent my first whole weekend away from Catie. It was hard to leave her since she was just getting over being sick but I knew that her daddy would take good care of her (and he was also spending the weekend with his parents which made me even more comfortable). I went up to Sea Ranch with 7 of my friends to celebrate my birthday, my sister's birthday and the fact that my friends rock! We stayed at my friends Hillary's house which over looks the Ocean.. GORGEOUS. It was amazing weather and we sat on the deck and drank wine, ate good food, went wine tasting, walked on the water, drank more wine..you get the idea! It was a perfect weekend and I truly am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. Love you all!





When I got home on Sunday it was Mother's Day and Catie gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a really sweet card. I am so lucky to have such a special daughter (and her helper a.ka. her daddy is pretty incredible too).

On May 14th my parents came up for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, my sister's birthday and also so my dad could play in a golf tournament with my cousin Matt (perfect timing). We had a bbq on Thursday and on Friday we went to Matt and Kirstin's for a bbq and to celebrate the fact that I am now 31. Colin loves to rub in the fact that he is still 30 and I have now entered my early 30's.
It was great to see how Catie reacted to my parents. Whenever she saw them she would stretch her arms out for them to take her and she smiled at them the whole time. It was wonderful to see her reaction to them since she doesn't get to them everyday. She obviously knows who her Nonnie and Bampa are!
It was a great weekend hanging out with my family and as usual everyone was too generous with their gifts. Colin got me an amazing gift...Wii and Wii fitness. Just what I wanted. I am really so blessed to have such an incredible family. I love you all so much and thank you for helping me officially enter my early 30's.

All in all May has been a pretty incredible month. I will post more pictures tonight after I download them from my camera.

No comments: